What is Outpatient Physical Therapy?
Physical therapists improve soft tissue and joint mobility, relieve pain, educate and prevent permanent physical disabilities of patients suffering from injuries or disease. Outpatient physical therapy is treatment of patients outside of a hospital setting. Treatment includes an initial evaluation, hands-on therapies, and therapeutic exercises. The use of medical modalities may also be used to reduce pain and promote healing allowing the individual to achieve their most functional level possible. More information is available at www.wpta.org and www.apta.org
Do I need a Prescription or a Referral for Physical Therapy?
For insurance coverage, a prescription from a medical doctor is necessary to properly file a claim. Physical therapy may also be provided by private pay without a physician’s referral. Please ask for information regarding private pay fees and arrangements.
What Insurance will you Accept?
We accept all major in insurance carriers including all PPO’s and HMO’s. We also accept Workers’ Compensation and Medicare. Additional information is found on our Insurance page. Call Kathy or Toni in our Billing Office for your questions or for additional information at (262) 798-8646.
What should I expect during my First Appointment at Waukesha Physical Therapy?
Your first appointment will generally last about 45 minutes to 1 hour to allow your therapist time to evaluate your problem and initiate an appropriate treatment program.
Will/Do the Therapists Communicate with my Physician?
We are in contact with your doctor at all stages throughout your rehabilitation. A note for your initial and discharge visits are sent. A progress note is sent if any physician visits are scheduled during your treatment time with us.
Why should I come to Waukesha Physical Therapy Clinics?
- Service costs are 40% to 60% less than hospital-based services
- Three locations with easy access and parking
- Appointments are available within 48 hours of your telephone call
- Convenient Appointment Times to suit your work schedule
- It’s our goal to get to improve your health quickly! We have outstanding patient outcomes.
- Licensed Professionals. All treatments are performed by licensed physical therapists and licensed physical therapy assistants.
- Customized Treatment Programs. Each patient receives an individualized program created for their specific needs.
- Post Treatment Options. We provide options for supervised after-care post treatment.
Where are your Clinics Located?
We have three convenient locations: two in Waukesha and one in Delafield. For address and contact information, go to our Locations page.
What if I Miss an Appointment or I’m Running Late?
We have a 24 hour cancellation policy. If you cannot make an appointment, please notify us as soon as possible to reschedule. It is important that you attend your regular scheduled appointments to obtain the maximum results in the shortest time.
How do I Schedule an Appointment?
Just call the Waukesha PT Clinic nearest your home or work, and the receptionist will help you set up an appointment.
Do I have to go where the Doctor Suggests?
No, the choice of your Rehabilitation (Physical Therapy) location is yours.
What if I have Other Questions?